So what exactly makes up an Athlete of the Month? It’s not that this person is able to Rx every workout, lift the most weight or do every movement with perfect form. What makes an Athlete of the Month is that every time they come to the box, they try their hardest, give the workout their all, and then some. They go above and beyond by spending extra time to work on specific skills, are welcoming of others and encourage other athletes to do their best, too. They really embody what CrossFit is all about and work to make CrossFit Frankfort the community and family that it is. Each month we will choose a different Athlete and post some fun facts about them to help you get to know them better.
We’re excited to announce Amanda Howard as our October 2016 Athlete of the Month! Before Amanda started with us, she had never really worked out…and while she may have just started earlier this year, she has been “all in” with the lifestyle change! She is dedicated to not only her WOD schedule, but has also been working to change her diet and that of her family. She comes in even on days she doesn’t like what’s in the WOD because she says she won’t get better at it if she doesn’t do it! She’s set a wonderful example for not only our other athletes, but her family and her son is now one of our CrossFit Kids too. We just love having Amanda as part of the CFF family, and are very excited to celebrate her as our October 2016 Athlete of the Month!
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Where did you go to high school/college?
Leslie High School
3. Where do you currently live?
4. Where do you work/what do you do?
Accounts Receivable at Montaplast
5. What is your athletic background?
Nothing until CrossFit.
6. How did you get started with CrossFit?
I was ready for positive changes in my lifestyle.
7. How long have you been at CrossFit Frankfort?
8. What are your favorite exercises/WODs?
Back squats & partner WODs (especially with Caleb).
9. What exercises/WODs do you dislike?
Wall Balls and snatches (all mental)
10. What is your favorite WOD song?
Uptown Funk & Can’t Stop That Feeling are the only songs coming to mind!
11. What is your biggest achievement in CrossFit?
All of it! Six months ago I thought there was no way I could do this. Now I love it!
12. What are your goals with regards to CrossFit?
My current physical goal is to do pull-ups and push-ups without modifying them. Mentally not over thinking!
13. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit Frankfort?
How encouraging everyone is. I really feel like Caleb and I are part of this big family!
14. What is your favorite food/snack?
15. What is your favorite movie?
16. If you could have any vehicle, what would it be?
17. Do you have a favorite place to travel or a favorite place you’ve been?
I love Disney World!
18. If you were going to a deserted island and could only take one person (real or fictional) and one album, who/what would they be?
My husband and Blake Shelton’s greatest hits.
19. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of CrossFit?
Spending time with my family, cooking, and finding new recipes to try! I could spend hours finding recipes and cooking!
20. Who is or has been your biggest role model or inspiration?
My parents and step parents. There is something special about each of them that make me a better person and I admire them all!
21. In an ideal world, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Oh goodness! I will be dealing with a sassy 13 year old girl and Caleb will be finishing his bachelors degree! I will be wondering where the time has gone!
22. What is your local favorite place to go?
23. What is something interesting about you we would be surprised to know?
I’m an assistant archery coach and team mom for Woodford County Middle School. And I hate scary movies!
24. What is your favorite quote or words to live by?
“Live life to the fullest because it only happens once.” “Let your smile change the world, not the world change your smile.” And one that has stuck with me during CrossFit, especially while working out is, “No challenges, no changes,” thanks Jason!