So what exactly makes up an Athlete of the Month? It’s not that this person is able to Rx every workout, lift the most weight or do every movement with perfect form. What makes an Athlete of the Month is that every time they come to the box, they try their hardest, give the workout their all, and then some. They go above and beyond by spending extra time to work on specific skills, are welcoming of others and encourage other athletes to do their best, too. They really embody what CrossFit is all about and work to make CrossFit Frankfort the community and family that it is. Each month we will choose a different Athlete and post some fun facts about them to help you get to know them better.
We’re excited to announce Baylor Napier as our November 2016 Athlete of the Month! If you’ve ever worked out with Baylor, you know that he pushes himself every day, no matter the WOD, and is an inspiration to those around him! He shows up regularly for open gym to work on extra skills and strength. We also opened up an internship to him this year as a high school student and he has been a great asset to CrossFit Frankfort. Most importantly though, its the attitude with which he approaches each workout and encourages those around him. He’s also a big jokester for those that may not know him well, as evidenced by the photos below. Congratulations, Baylor! We’re excited to have you as our November 2016 Athlete of the Month!
1. Where did you grow up?
2. Where did you go to high school/college?
I am a senior at Franklin County.
3. Where do you currently live?
4. Where do you work/what do you do?
I am the official CrossFit Frankfort intern.
5. What is your athletic background?
I have played sports my whole life. Football, basketball, soccer, and I currently swim and play baseball.
6. How did you get started with CrossFit?
The baseball team worked out here for fall workouts and just never stopped.
7. How long have you been at CrossFit Frankfort?
A little over a year.
8. What are your favorite exercises/WODs?
Wall balls, rowing, and double unders.
9. What exercises/WODs do you dislike?
Rope climbs and burpees.
10. What is your favorite WOD song?
Anything loud and heavy metal gets me going pretty well.
11. What is your biggest achievement in CrossFit?
Just sticking with it this long and grinding through the hard days.
12. What are your goals with regards to CrossFit?
Come first in the state in this years open and just continue to progress.
13. What is your favorite thing about CrossFit Frankfort?
The members and coaches are like one big sweaty family.
14. What is your favorite food/snack?
Cant go wrong with some duck breasts on the grill.
15. What is your favorite movie?
Don’t watch many movies, but I saw Lone Survivor and really liked it.
16. If you could have any vehicle, what would it be?
One of those new Dodge Ram Rebels.
17. Do you have a favorite place to travel or a favorite place you’ve been?
18. If you were going to a deserted island and could only take one person (real or fictional) and one album, who/what would they be?
I would totally bring Bruce Wayne and Chris Stapelton’s Traveler album.
19. What hobbies do you enjoy outside of CrossFit?
Hunting, shooting guns, and laughing with my friends.
20. Who is or has been your biggest role model or inspiration?
Probably my high school principle Buddy Sampson.
21. In an ideal world, where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Maybe in the police force or maybe in a foreign country telling people about Jesus!
22. What is your local favorite place to go?
Camp P.D. in Shelbyville. Its mine and my buddies deer camp.
23. What is something interesting about you we would be surprised to know?
I am left handed. I know that’s lame I just cant think of anything actually interesting.
24. What is your favorite quote or words to live by?
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galations 2:20